Thursday 15 September 2011

Carlingford Trip!

Well on Tuesday we got back from our Carlingford "Bonding Trip"(AKA Transition Year Fat Camp), which by the way was great! Sorry about any incoherent spelling or sentences in the post, I'm writing this in school, and we all went out last night to celebrate our JC results, and I don't do sleep deprivation well.
  On Monday we got up at half 6 to go for our bus (-.-) but I slept most of the way, We arrived at the adventure centre and then we all went out straight away for our first- and my favourite- activity which was Laser Combat; Which involved walking up a hill that was on a serious incline:
    /
  /
/              <------ The hill
Which was basically paint balling, without any of the pain. The blue team won (Clearly because I was on it.... I joke)
  Later that day we did some form of course, with loads of games and activities and stuff, which was mostly about team work. Our guide was Wayne, who was cool. My favourite challenge was the maze, mostly because I'm glad I managed to do it, considering the fact I'm kind of claustrophobic, and the maze was in a port cabin with three stories, meaning we all had the crawl in narrow tunnel- in the dark.
 Then we walked the scenic route (thank God) up to the "Night line" which was where we all were blindfolded and had to hold on the a rope and each other in a line and try make it to the end by communicating and stuff.
  That night we all went down the the common room ( I thought of Harry Potter too) where our school and another boys school(:D) had a sing song type thing, where everyone who could sing got up and did. I shared a room with 7 other friends from school, but because we were so tired I don't think we made it past 1:30am.
  The next day we went rock climbing and abseiling, which I'm going to admit terrified me, but I'm glad I did it. For the rock climbing, I started on the most difficult one (because I'm that damn clever) and almost suffered heart failure, but I did it all the same. The I got the adrenaline bug, and did them all. Pretty happy with myself. Then lastly I did the abseiling, which I didn't really like but I'm glad I can say I did it.
  That afternoon we did Orienteering(Hiking with a purpose) which was... pretty tiring to say the least. During that we did archery, and for one of my arrows (by some stroke of luck) managed to actually hit pretty close to the bullseye. After the big hike we headed back to the centre, and left on our bus, arriving home at about 7, wrecked. I still had a great time though. :)

BYEE
Aoife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment